CMUCL is a free implementation of the Common Lisp programming language
which runs on most major Unix platforms. It mainly conforms to the
ANSI Common Lisp standard. Here is a summary of its main features:
* a sophisticated native-code compiler which is capable of powerful
type inferences, and generates code competitive in speed with C
* generational garbage collection and multiprocessing capability on
the x86 ports.
* a foreign function interface which allows interfacing with C code
and system libraries, including shared libraries on most platforms,
and direct access to Unix system calls.
* support for interprocess communication and remote procedure calls.
* an implementation of CLOS, the Common Lisp Object System, which
includes multimethods and a metaobject protocol.
* a graphical source-level debugger using a Motif interface, and a