minit - a small yet feature-complete init
What works so far
* It can start services and take dependencies into account.
* It can restart services
* It can start services in sync mode (i.e. wait until they terminate, to get around race conditions for static initializations)
* There is a companion utility "msvc" that can be used much in the same way as the svc from daemontools. Communication works over two fifos, /etc/minit/in and /etc/minit/out. Those have to exist before minit is started and they should be owned by root and have mode 600.
* There is a companion utility "pidfilehack" that can be used to do stuff like run ssh, wait a while, read the PID off /var/run/sshd.pid and tell minit this PID so it will know when sshd exits and can restart it.
* It can pipe stdout to a dedicated log process.