Haskell bindings to the International Components for Unicode (ICU)
libraries. These libraries provide robust and full-featured Unicode
services on a wide variety of platforms.
* Both pure and impure bindings, to allow for fine control over efficiency
and ease of use.
* Breaking of strings on character, word, sentence, and line boundaries.
* Access to the Unicode Character Database (UCD) of character metadata.
* String collation functions, for locales where the conventions for
lexicographic ordering differ from the simple numeric ordering of
* Character set conversion functions, allowing conversion between
Unicode and over 220 character encodings.
* Unicode normalization. (When implementations keep strings in a
normalized form, they can be assured that equivalent strings have a
unique binary representation.)
* Regular expression search and replace.