ISA-L is a collection of optimized low-level functions targeting storage applications. ISA-L includes:
* Erasure codes - Fast block Reed-Solomon type erasure codes for any encode/decode matrix in GF(2^8).
* CRC - Fast implementations of cyclic redundancy check. Six different polynomials supported.
* iscsi32, ieee32, t10dif, ecma64, iso64, jones64.
* Raid - calculate and operate on XOR and P+Q parity found in common RAID implementations.
* Compression - Fast deflate-compatible data compression.
* De-compression - Fast inflate-compatible data compression.
* igzip - A command line application like gzip, accelerated with ISA-L.