* An Emacs editor biased towards UNIX users, working across platforms by
providing a consistent interface under UNIX, Microsoft Windows '95/'98/NT
and DOS operating systems.
* Fully featured editor, retaining the lightness of the original
MicroEmacs 3.8 with much enhanced capability.
* Small memory and disk footprint.
* A much enhanced version of the Danial Lawrence's original MicroEmacs 3.8
of 1988. It is stressed that although Danial Lawrence's 3.8 version was
used as a base, he has had no involvement in the development of this
* To avoid any confusion with the original MicroEmacs, this distribution
should be referred to as the JASSPA distribution.