Minetest is an infinite-world block sandbox game and a game
engine, inspired by InfiniMiner, Minecraft and the like. It has
been in development and use since October 2010.
It is Free and Open Source Software, released under the LGPL 2.1
or later, available for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux.
Minetest is developed by a random bunch of lunatics.
Minetest is designed to be simple, stable and portable. It is
lightweight enough to run on fairly old hardware. It currently
runs playably on a laptop with Intel 945GM graphics. Though, as
for the CPU, dualcore is recommended.
* Walk around, dig and build in an infinite voxel world,
and craft stuff from raw materials to help you along the way.
* Simplistic Modding API that supports many kinds of additions
and modifications to the game.
* Multiplayer support for tens of players, via servers hosted by
* Voxel based lighting with gameplay consequences
(light caves and buildings with torches)
* Almost infinite world and a beautiful map generator.
* Runs natively on Windows, Linux, OS X and FreeBSD.
* Supports multiple languages, translated by the community.